UC IRVINE DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
IDA606 - Senate Faculty Appointments
November 2, 2018
VICE DEAN, ACADEMIC AFFAIRS–SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
RE: Redelegation of Authority - Senate Faculty Appointments
Authority for academic personnel actions was delegated to the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor by the Chancellor in delegation of authority, IDA 517, dated June 19, 2012. I am redelegating part of that authority to you, as specified below.
Effective immediately, I am delegating to Deans and the Vice Dean, Academic Affairs–School of Medicine authority, within University and campus policy, for the following:
- Appointment of Assistant Professors, Assistant Professors In Residence, and Assistant Professors of Clinical ___, Steps I through III, who are identified following an approved search, search waiver, or exemption.
- Appointment of Acting Assistant Professors, Steps I through III, who are identified following an approved search, search waiver, or exemption.
- Appointment of Lecturers with Potential for Security of Employment (LPSOE, working title Assistant Teaching Professor, Steps I through III), who are identified following an approved search, search waiver, or exemption.
All actions approved by the Deans must be consistent with current systemwide and local policies. Within 30 days of the Dean's approval, the original dossier and search should be forwarded to the Office of Academic Personnel, which will remain the office of record for these actions. The Council on Academic Personnel will no longer post audit appointment files approved by Deans.
Authority for the following remains in my office:
- All appointments, including Assistant Professors, Assistant Professors In Residence, and Assistant Professors of Clinical _____, Steps IV through VI; Associate Professors, Associate Professors In Residence, Associate Professors of Clinical ____; Professors, Professors In Residence, Professors of Clinical ____.
- Appointments for Lecturers with Potential for Security of Employment (LPSOE, working title Assistant Teaching Professors, Step IV through VI); Lecturers with Security of Employment (LSOE, working title Associate Teaching Professors); Senior Lecturers with Security of Employment (Senior LSOE, working title Teaching Professors).
- Approval of off-scale salaries.
- Any exceptions to policy.
This authority may not be further redelegated and supersedes Executive Vice Chancellor Gottfredson’s delegation of authority, IDA 419, on the same topic.
Enrique J. Lavernia
Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
|cc:||Assistant Vice Chancellor–Academic Personnel
Assistant Vice Chancellor–Accounting and Fiscal Services
Office of Campus Counsel