This UCI Personnel Procedure is being revised.
Please contact your Human Resources Business Partner for guidance and
REFER TO POLICIES FOUND AT UCNET PERSONNEL POLICIES FOR STAFF MEMBERS.
Responsible Office: Human Resources
Revised: May 2012
- The employee is responsible for giving advance verbal or written notice (when possible) of the need for the leave, including a copy of the military orders, when applicable.
- The department is responsible for:
- Determining whether the employee has satisfied the requirements for being paid for the leave; e.g., months of service and length of leave(s) requested, or whether the leave will be charged to accrued sick leave, vacation leave, or compensatory time off, or will be without pay.
- Reinstating the employee upon return from the leave.
- Verifying the employee's military orders.
All staff members, except employees who are in a bargaining unit that has an exclusive representative (union) and are covered by the applicable provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.