UC IRVINE ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Sec. 500: UCI Food Service Guidelines
Responsible Office: Campus Life and Auxiliary Services - Student Affairs
Revised: February 2002
References / Resources
- UCI Administrative Policies & Procedures
Contact: Director, UCI Hospitality & Dining Services at (949) 824-1492
A. Food Services
UCI Food Services contracts with independent vendors or self-operates the following to supply food service on the campus:
- Residence Halls
- Mesa Commons
- Pippin Commons
- Brandywine Commons
- Cash Operations
- Anteater Recreation Center - ARC Bar
- B. C.'s Cavern on the Green
- Humanities Hall Cart
- MAAB Building Cafe
- Phoenix Grille
- Physical Sciences Plaza - Espresso Cafe
- School of Arts - CyberA Cafe
- Social Sciences Plaza - Juice it Up
- Zot 'n Go North Convenience Store
- Zot 'n Go South Convenience Store
- UCI Student Center - Cornerstone Cafe, Food Court, Anthill Pub & Grille, Carl's Jr.
- Throughout campus
- Catering Trucks
- Construction job sites only unless expressly approved by Associate Vice Chancellor-Student Services
- General Campus Catering
- As approved and as included on the UCI Preferred Caterers List
- Food service contractors on the campus have exclusive catering rights to their respective facilities and as specified in their contracts. Catering within food facilities shall be by these contractors ONLY.
- Catering may be provided in other locations provided the caterer is on the UCI Approved Off-Campus Caterers List. These caterers have met University requirements concerning insurance, food safety, and training. This list is compiled by the UCI Food Services. A paper copy may be obtained by calling 824-1492.
- The sponsoring organization of a campus event must obtain a Temporary Food Service Permit from UCI Environmental Health and Safety if the food/beverage service at the event is not handled by an approved caterer. For information regarding the serving of alcoholic beverages at UCI events see Section 900-13, Policy on Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages.