Procedure 12: Nondiscrimination in Employment
This UCI Personnel Procedure is being revised.
Please contact your Human Resources Business Partner for guidance and
REFER TO POLICIES FOUND AT UCNET PERSONNEL POLICIES FOR STAFF MEMBERS.
Responsible Office: Human Resources
Issued: November 2002
Personnel Policies for Staff Members
B. Authority and Responsibility
- The Chancellor of University of California, Irvine issues an annual statement reaffirming the systemwide Nondiscrimination in Employment Policy.
- Hiring authorities, supervisors, and managers are responsible for conducting personnel activities in a nondiscriminatory manner.
- University employees are responsible for refraining from discrimination and harassment in the workplace.
- All employment actions, including recruitment and appointment, training, performance appraisal, layoff, promotion, transfer, corrective action, and career development for all staff employees at the University will be made consistent with these provisions.
- Individuals may pursue available remedies for resolving complaints of discrimination and harassment in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Information about policies and procedures for resolving complaints is available in the Human Resources Department, the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, and the Ombudsman's Office.
All staff members, except employees who are in a bargaining unit that has an exclusive representative (union) and are covered by the applicable provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.