Procedure 82: Conflict of Interest
This UCI Personnel Procedure is being revised.
Please contact your Human Resources Business Partner for guidance and
REFER TO POLICIES FOUND AT UCNET PERSONNEL POLICIES FOR STAFF MEMBERS.
Responsible Office: Human Resources
Issued: November 2002
Personnel Policies for Staff Members
- Policy 82, Conflict of Interest
UC Business and Finance Bulletins
- BUS-43, Materiel Management, Section III. Part 5 & Section IV. Part 5, Employee-Vendor Relationships
UCI Administrative Policies & Procedures
- Section 680-10, Policy on Gifts and Endowments
- Section 700-09, Policies on Gifts, Gratuities and Conflict of Interest
- Section 712-10, Guidelines for Securing the Services of Independent Consultants
B. Authority and Responsibility
- A department preparing to rent, buy goods or contract for services, which becomes aware of an employee-vendor relationship, shall inform the employee of the need for submission of a report in compliance with BUS-43, Section III. Part 5 & Section IV. Part 5.
- The employee is responsible for submitting a report, in compliance with BUS-43, Section III. Part 5 & Section IV. Part 5, whenever the employee makes a quotation or proposal to the university or upon learning that one has been made by a near relative.
Near relative: Spouse, child, parent, sibling, and in-laws and step-relatives in the same relationships.
All staff members.